Thursday, April 7, 2011

various thoughts

After sharing a drink with Stefan who climbed the Cassin a few years back I'm considering bringing a much warmer sleeping bag.  Also questioning my own fitness levels.  I need to step it up.

There's a lot to think about.  The exact style to climb the Cassin in, how many stoves to bring, what sleeping bags to bring.  Do we bring two sleeping bags on the route, two bivy sacks?

Nineteen days until we leave and we have our work cut out for us.

I have moments of complete confidence and then moments of doubt.  Overall I think we've worked incredibly hard to prepare and we have extra time on the glacier to gather our strength, maybe get a warm up climb in, and just get acclimated in general.

It's going to get interesting...

0 comments:

Post a Comment