Friday, April 22, 2011

Our thanks to Tavian, Ilerdon and Livian

As our departure nears, we would like to extend a special thank-you to my father Tavian and two of my uncles, Ilerdon and Livian, for the extreme generosity they have shown us.

Without Tavian's contribution of workshop space for our pain cave, Max and I would never have been able to properly train for this trip.

And all three have gracefully loaned us enormous amounts of gear: stoves, mukluks, down booties, sleeping bags, packs. snow stakes, etc. etc.  They did so with minimal complaint.

And of course, there's the dubious thank-you I must extend for getting me into all this crazy shit in the first place. And by "thank-you" I mean "forgiveness," and by "must extend" I mean "probably will never offer."




0 comments:

Post a Comment